3 Reasons The New Changes in PMP Syllabus Will Give You More Industry Expose
- By NewsOnFloor Staff
- Oct 17, 2021
- 2477 views
The Project Management Institute (PMI) constantly researches and develops the PMP certification to the market demand across industries. And every five-seven years, it enforces the newest syllabus for the same.
That’s the only top reason why PMP certification is the most sought-after certification for project managers that give them enormous growth opportunities in professional life and salary hikes.
Many say that the change in the new syllabus is quite challenging, hard to crack in the first attempt. Yes, to some extent. But the opportunities it will bring to your career are enormous and give you more industry exposure.
How? Let’s find out
Three Reasons Why The New Change in PMP Syllabus Will Give You More Industry Expose
The last time PMP enforced a new syllabus was in 2015 that focused on five ECOs. But last, PMI released a statement in June 2020 about the change in the latest syllabus.
The new change in the syllabus will focus on 3 ECOs, and whoever gives the PMP examination after 2nd January 2021 has to pass the exam on the latest evolution in the syllabus.
According to the new syllabus:
No of the question - 180 (20 less than the old pattern)
Total time in minutes - 230 (10 minutes less than the old pattern)
Here are three reasons:
The Complete Breakdown of PMP Syllabus Says All
People - 42% (this module focuses on leadership skills of the project manager, and if you look into this deeply, it tears down to;
- Building and leading the team from the front
- Managing conflict and new hurdles to complete the project successfully.
- Proving proper and adequate training to the team members
Process - 50% (this module has the highest weightage and focuses on evaluating project managers based on the technical basis of project management.
- Planning and managing budget, resources, and risk factors
- Integrating project framework and activities and outlining the key metrics
- Managing the project changes and adapting the best taking calculated risks
Business environment - 8% (this module focuses on how project managers adhere to different circumstances and business requirements. And this further tear downs to:
- Planning and managing project compliance by sticking to goals and objectives
- Evaluating the outcomes, benefits, and value of the project
- Always ready for new changes in plans and embracing what is best for the organization.
And if you look at the latest change in syllabus and eye on this core breakdown, you can quickly see how powerful PMP has evolved.
PMP Focusing More on Agile is One of the Best Decisions To Date
Do you know why agile methodologies are getting a lot of attention and PMI solely focuses on them?
Because in the agile concepts, before jumping into the final product, Agile focuses abide by keeping the process lean and creating MVPs that go through several iterations and make everyone work together converging to the single defined goal.
Though it was first launched in 2001, the result of agile is highly accurate and towards more success. Before, the waterfall model was the most successful one, but it required a lot of documentation, but since the introduction of agile, the process has become simpler because of various frameworks, And these frameworks are here to help you overcome risks and stick to clear outcomes and focused goals.
According to PMI’s latest syllabus, the exam will include 50% from predictive project management and 50% on agile and hybrids models — just imagine the impact that agile is having on PMP.
Rewards After Clearing the New PMP Certification is Getting Better and Better
- PMP will get you fat numbers on your paycheck.
- PMP gives you more industry exposure — you connect with like-minded people.
- PMP takes your work to an international level and lets others appreciate your work.
- A PMP certificate will speak the global language of project management.
Now All You Need is Right Mindset and Advanced Planning To Crack in The First Attempt
Take an online course, and follow these tips on how to crack your PMP certification in your current job.
- Read two books - PMP Exam Prep by Rita Mulcahy and PMBOK Guide - 7th edition by PMI.
- Plan your roadmap, how, and what you need to complete by when you should finish them.
- Take online practice tests, get acquainted, and boost your confidence. And start working where you lag.
With continuous updates by PMI, PMP is one of the most sought-after certifications in the industry. That does not credit higher salaries to your bank accounts but gives you more industry exposure and opens many doors and opportunities across sectors.
Source : NewsOnFloor