Man stabbed to death in central Delhi, two injured

New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) A 19-year-old youth was stabbed to death while his two friends were injured following a scuffle with a group of men in central Delhi on Tuesday night, the police said on Wednesday.

It appears that the fight was possibly over their relationship with a woman, between the deceased's friend and another man, and he had gone to support him for a settlement.

"It appears that during the argument it turned violent and they were attacked. While one man died, two of his friends who sustained stab wounds are fighting for their life," said a senior police officer associated with the case.

"Around 8 pm, one Shubham Srivastava, a class 11 student, was called by two of his friends Shubham Gupta (20) and Lokesh (21), and they all went to Rock Garden in Patel Nagar to meet the other group of men. During the settlement, Srivastava and his friends were thrashed. When they raised alarm, they were attacked with knife," said a senior police officer.

Police said that one of the men stabbed Srivastava in his chest. He collapsed and started bleeding. Seeing this, the accused fled the spot.

According to the deceased's father Rajendra Srivastava, they heard locals talking about his son and two other being stabbed following which he rushed to enquire about it.

"I rushed to the spot and found Shubham Gupta and Lokesh there in injured condition. Locals informed me that my son has been taken to B.L. Kapoor Hospital. I first rushed the two to Vallabh Bhai Patel Hospital. When I went to see my son, the officials told me that he had already died," said the deceased's father.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (central) M.S. Randhawa said their team rushed to the spot and to the hospital.

"While Srivastava was pronounced dead at the hospital, the other two are under treatment. Their family members were informed and Srivastava's body was moved to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital for a post-mortem. Autopsy revealed that he has one single stab wound in his chest that led to his death," the DCP said.

Police said that preliminary investigations have revealed that there were three main accused.

"We have identified all of them and efforts to arrest them are underway. They are not residents of the same area. We are not sure if any of them is a juvenile. The motive behind the murder is also not clear as the injured are not fit enough to give statements," said a senior police officer.

According to the deceased's cousin, he had heard that a woman had come to meet one of his two friends with her mother. The mother alleged that her daughter was being harassed by one of the men.

"I heard the man's family and my brother supported him and asked the daughter-mother to leave the place. My brother had no direct involvement. We are sure the woman is behind the murder. Locals have told us that a woman was also present there when he was attacked," said Honey, the deceased's cousin.

Police said they are collecting the CCTV footages of the area and also ascertaining the woman's role.



Source : ians

Related Articles

Leave a Comment