Sicagen India Wins the Prestigious IDC Insight Awards in 'Excellence in Operations' Category in Its Fifth Edition
- The Cloud Migration project enabled the company to reduce infrastructure costs by 50%, shorten sales cycles and ensure greater data security
- Sicagen is the first manufacturing company in South India to move to Oracle Cloud without any external support
The IDC Insights awards are a part of the yearly initiative by USA’s International Data Corporation (IDC). Specially designed for IT leaders, the awards acknowledge and applaud the transformative efforts undertaken by organisations towards accelerating technological success. The 'Excellence in Operations' category recognises innovative technology projects which have led to sustainable and measurable improvement in key business metrics and this is the fifth edition.
Congratulating the team on its achievement, Mr. Ashwin Muthiah, Chairman, Sicagen India and Founder Chairman, AM International Group, the parent of Sicagen India said, “The Oracle Cloud migration has improved Sicagen’s business productivity. The recognition by IDC is an acknowledgement of our team’s tech-driven approach towards driving business efficiency. I am happy that their efforts have been recognised by a prestigious industry platform. Across AM International’s operating companies, futuristic and disruptive technology implementation is a key goal. This ensures that we operate in an efficient, intelligent, data-driven yet secure manner in all aspects of our business.”
The Oracle Cloud Migration project at Sicagen was implemented with a three-fold objective -
- First, the strategy aimed at ensuring business continuity and access to critical data at all times.
- Second, the company sought to improve its business efficiencies by consolidating company-wide financial data into a single ERP system and generating real-time analyses. The data was sourced from over 30 branches across India and a Singapore-based subsidiary.
- Third, the initiative was formulated to support future growth and scale the manufacturing business based on demand.
Mr. R. Sitaram, Senior Manager – IT represented Sicagen atthe 5 th IDC Insights Awards ceremony held in Chandigarh, India.